Thursday, June 28, 2012

July 1

Three things happening on July 1:
  1. I'm heading to Boston for ISIT. I'm looking forward to it -- this will be my first ISIT since Seoul. Come see my paper in session S16.T9 (Information Theory in Biology). I'll blog more about the paper later, but in the meanwhile, Trailhead is cool. And as Anand notes, the unconnected papers might be the most interesting -- they're the ones bringing the new ideas.
  2. My first sabbatical officially gets started. I'll be spending the year with a startup, Engage Biomechanics, focusing on wearable wireless sensors and body-area networks. The company is looking at applications in medical devices. I've never been an entrepreneur before, so it should be interesting and I'll blog when I get a chance.
  3. It's the 20th anniversary of the day I reported to basic training and joined the Navy. With recruiting ads like this, how could I say no?

No comments: