Monday, January 11, 2010

Information theory for the YouTube masses

I'm teaching a graduate-level course on information theory this term. As I've done with a couple of my other courses, I'm going to make video recordings of the lectures and post them online.

The course YouTube channel is here. As I've also done elsewhere, I'm organizing the video and course announcements on a blog, which is here. I just posted the first lecture -- this is still kind of experimental, so comments would be appreciated.

As far as I know, this will be YouTube's first full course on information theory. However, while searching for other IT-related material, I ran across this gem. Plus a slew of raging creationists and evolutionists, each using information theory to somehow try to prove their point.

No comments: